Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bakit baligtad magbasa ng libro ang Pilipino?


I was worn out last week coming from the last (last) week examination and it was then followed by “Kamalayan” celebration, since students are busy preparing their piece on the different contest, we have been blessed for having no class to attend to. Being pre-occupied, tired of doing some paperwork’s (like checking papers, checking the docu’s, prepared lessons and sort of those stuff!), my taste wanted to do something that I missed to have--- a long hobby that I wanted to recoup --- Reading Books.

Thanks to Maam Faiz’ friend, I could have something to wrapped my tattered feelings on that particular day! First, that caught my attention is Bob Ong’s A B N K K B S N P L Ako (the title was written in a text-like format which means “Aba nakakabasa na pala ako!"). It really sounds babyish and at its first glance it may not be ideally smart to read but the title still engages me to have at least a hand on, that’s why I just told Maam Fai to reserve the book for me! When I came back (coz, I need to be on the AVR to be one of the critics on the Firing Squad Contest), the book was being borrowed by Menrige (our dear student), that’s why Maam Fai recommended me the sequel of “Aba” which is the book entitled “Bakit baligtad magbasa ng libro ang Pilipino?”.

Nice title, isn't it? That’s why without thinking twice I grabbed the book and started to read between the lines. First chapter palang, I was committed a mistake. It say’s there “Huwag basahin ang nakasulat” (means don’t read anything that was written) but I can’t help it but to read, it was a nice experience of Bob Ong when his foreign employer gave comments why Filipinos are not progressive. The book doesn’t portray of how bad the Filipinos are? Or why being a Filipino should not be proud of? It is just an eye-opener message from a concerned Filipino, who wants to give illumination for his countrymen to shape up and help rebuild again our dying nation.

As one of the future builders, I believe that it is in our hands that we can build a progressive nation. Only we, Filipinos can do this and establish the Philippines into a better land, not anyone else. Be proud to be Filipino because if only Mother Nation could speak, she would surely say “Even if you neglected, betrayed and forsaken me. I’m still proud that you were my people. Hoping that you will be proud of me as your motherland and as a Filipino” (*tears fall*)

I, one of the tiniest voices around, still encourage everyone to act, love and proud to be a Filipino. After all, whatever happens to you, you will find your way home to your mother country. (I’m sure!)

Read the book of Bob Ong's "Bakit Baligtad magbasa ng libro ang Pilipino?", you will inspire and won’t surely miss one page without reading it! (Goodnyt!)

No comments: